Saturday, September 3, 2016

Weekly Testing


Each week I test the students individually to see how they are doing on their skills.  I have found that this is the best way at the beginning of the year to track their progress, although it can be time-consuming.  I use flashcards and classroom manipulatives to find out if they understood the skills taught for the week.  This is a good way to monitor how they are doing and who needs more assistance.  The other students are in small groups working on activities in different areas of the room.  They did a great job at staying on task today! 

I would love to send the report home on Fridays, but it takes time and I will need the weekend to get them scored, so they will usually be sent home on Mondays.  You can check the Parent Portal on DDN Campus to see how your child is doing.  

I also take the time to ask the kids how they are feeling about school and what is going good for them or what concerns they may have.  They enjoy testing time and beg to be next!

No comments:

Post a Comment